Summary: This design competition aims to remake images of an aged public housing complex that has been built in the city for more than 30 years which was isolated and avoided in the local community, and reborn as a new multi-complex that combines residential, green space and various amenities for residents.
1. Purpose of the Competition
◦ This design competition aims to remake images of aged public housing complex that has been built in the city for more than 30 years which was isolated and avoided in the local community, and reborn as a new multi complex that combines residential, green space and various amenities for residents.
◦ In order to transform the aged public housing complex into a attractive place for the neighborhood, the area around Hagye Apt. Complex 5 (hereinafter referred to as the “district”) was designated as a public housing district and introduce a living SOC, park and open community corridor for regional development and revitalization of Nowon-gu. The purpose of this competition is to select an innovative and excellent district plan and design of public housing complex.
2. Competition overview
○ Competition Title: International Design Competition for Hagye Apt. Complex 5, Public Housing, Seoul, Korea
○ Type of Competition : two(2) phases competition
(Phase 1 : Submission of project proposal(Panel), Phase 2 : Submission of Design works)
○ Location : Hagye-dong, 272 region, Nowon-gu, Seoul, Korea
○ Site Area : 28,785.3㎡
○ Design Fee : KRW 5,749 million(VAT Incl.)
3. Type of Competition
(1) Competition type : two(2) phases competition
◦ Phase 1 : Submission of project proposal
◦ Phase 2 : Submission of Design works
Registration: August 10, 2021 (Tuesday) ~ August 25, 2021 (Wednesday)
Submission: (Online) September 06, 2021 (Monday) ~ September 09, 2021 (Thursday) 17:00
Jury Review: September, 16, 2021 (Thu)
Registration: September 27, 2021 (Monday) ~ October 15, 2021 (Friday)
Submission: (Online) November 22, 2021 (Monday) ~ November 25, 2021 (Thursday) 17:00
(Visit) November 25, 2021 (Thursday) 14:00 ~ 17:00
Jury Review: December, 03, 2020 (Fri)
○ Phase 1 : Professionals in domestic and foreign architectural design.
○ Phase 2 : 5 teams from the phase 1 competition will be selected for the phase 2 competition.
6. Winning Entries and Awards
○ winner(or the runner-up) that has been granted with design right (Refer to the Competition Guideline for the target details of compensation according to the number of entries)
7. Contact and homepage
○ Contact : Seoul Housing and Communities Corporation, Public Reorganization Department, Public Reorganization 2 Division
○ Competition Homepage : 『PROJECT SEOUL』 (http://project.seoul.go.kr)
Download the information related to this competition here.