Summary: Korea Institute of Architects, together with the holding organization for competition Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism of Korea, S. Korea, is organizing an open International Competition for the National Museum of Korean Literature, S.Korea.
Description: The competition site for New National Museum is seated in # 175, Jinhwan-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, S. Korea. The area of the site for the competition is 13,248 ㎡. The total Floor Area is 14,704㎡.
The purpose of the Design Competition is to draw and select an optimally creative and feasible plan that is suitable for the status of the National Museum of Korean Literature as a national literature museum for the systematic collection and conservation of the Korean literary estates and that will function as a vital base of domestic and global promotion and the exchange and cooperation of the worldwide spread of Korean literature.
Design Objectives are:
1. Symbolism of the National Museum of Korean Literature
2. Publicness in the open era
3. Regional connectivity and eco-friendliness
4. Expandability as a complex cultural space
5. Space flexibility regarding the spread of infectious diseases